Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Week 5 RSS

I have iGoogle set up so I am using Google reader for my RSS feed. I have the bloggers from 23 Things that I follow. I added a recipe subscription for my own person use at home. I evidentally added my recipe subscription twice. I must have thought I didn't get it added and added it again. I was going to include a question on this post how to delete one of the subscriptions. I noticed the "Manage subscriptions" in blue below my subscriptions so I clicked it and was able to unsubscribe one of the RSS feeds. I browse some of the blogs to see what others have added. When I see RSS feed that intrigues me, I will add it to my RSS feed. I'm sure that I will change my subscriptions as I see the need. I may delete the recipes and add more education/library feeds. I will make it meet my needs. I have heard about RSS feeds before but never explored it. I'm glad that I can use it now. It will save me some time.

Did you ever notice the orange icons on some of the websites that you view? They are letting you know that you can get RSS feeds each time the website changes with new information. Once you get RSS (Really Simple Syndication) set up to your account, you will receive information as the website adds it so you do not have to go back to the website continuely to see what's new.
http://www.23thingskansas.org/week-five-rss-and-feed-readers/

No comments:

Post a Comment